DEPARTMENT: Shareholder Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The position of Shareholder Relations Manager reports to the Director of Administration. Supporting and maintaining shareholder records will be the primary function of the Shareholder Relations Manager. On occasion and request of their supervisor, they will support the staff of Huna Totem Corporation (HTC), Icy Strait Point (ISP) and HunaTek. The employee will have a wide variety of tasks with varying levels of difficulty. The Shareholder Relations Manager is responsible for: 1) Supporting and maintaining shareholder records, 2) Provide back-up support as needed for the front-desk position, and 3) other duties assigned of a similar nature and level or other duties that assists HTC in meeting company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shareholder Relations Management Duties
- Responds to Shareholder inquiries in person or over the phone.
- Updates and maintains Shareholder Management System. This includes management of:
- Overall shareholder record management (paper and electronic)
- Distributions from HTC and SST (including re-issues when necessary)
- Estate management and settlement (adhering to intestate law)
- Share/Unit gifting processing (adhering to ANCSA)
- Garnishment management
- Process burial assistance
- Process income verifications
- Serves as notary public.
- Plan and execute Shareholder and Board/Staff events, with assistance from HTC Staff.
- Support, as necessary, shareholder marketing and engagement efforts.
- Assist in training additional shareholder relations and front-desk staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Back-Up Support Duties (When Front-Desk Position Vacant or Staff Member Unavailable)
- Welcomes visitors and provides assistance.
- Answers and directs incoming phone calls for HTC, ISP, and HunaTek, distributing messages when necessary.
- Maintains a helpful demeanor at all times.
- Sorts, opens, scans, and distributes incoming mail for HTC, ISP, and HunaTek.
- Follows a daily procedure checklist for opening the office promptly by 8:00 a.m.
- Unlocks doors, checks for faxes and distributes them, restocks paper and ink in fax and copier machines, restocks used supplies, etc.
- Inventories and assists in ordering office supplies. Receives and restocks supplies.
- Uses office technologies for word processing and spreadsheet preparation and maintains a working knowledge of computer technology and M/S Office Suite of Programs and other relevant software.
- Assists with filing according to company procedures, which includes creating new files as needed.
- Follows a daily procedure checklist for closing the office at 5:00 p.m.
- Locks doors and windows, turns off coffee maker, office equipment, and lights, etc.
- Under supervisor approval, will work on projects for the following disciplines:
- The offices of the President & CEO, COO, and CFO
- Director of Administration
- Shareholder Services
- Alaska Native Voices
- Icy Strait Point
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and good judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experienced with office procedures and office equipment.
- Good communicative, grammar, and writing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 4 years of administrative/office experience or related education experience.
- 4 years of customer service experience.
- 2 years of Shareholder database experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and sit for long periods. Some travel will be required.
Send completed cover letter, HTC job application, and resume to:
Huna Totem Corporation
9301 Glacier Hwy, Ste 200
Juneau, AK 99801
Native Preference under P.L. 93-638.