JOB TITLE: ISP Accountant
UPDATED: April 2022
REPORTS TO: ISP Controller
JOB LOCATION: TBD
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time
The Accountant’s primary duties include assisting ISP Controller with oversight of accounting activities to ensure AP, AR, and Payroll operations are performed properly and accurately. Monitors cash activity and bank balances. Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly close. Assists with supervision of annual audit and tax preparation.
• Oversees the accounting operations of Icy Strait Point and related companies
• Reviews journal entries booked by accounting staff, prepares reoccurring and adjusting journal entries
• Reviews A/R, A/P, payroll operations
• Manages general ledger accounts
• Manages all cash activity, including monitoring bank account balances
• Manages the month-end closing process
• Back-up for other accounting staff
• Maintains accounting procedures and suggests ways to improve efficiency
• Helps with annual audit and tax preparation
• Supports ISP Controller as needed, including preparing reports and completing projects on an ad-hoc basis
Experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants; ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues requiring the use of tact and diplomacy; excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles; work with minimal direction and under strict time constraints; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; establish and maintain effective working relations with persons of professional status, both individually and in groups or committee situations; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
• 3-6 years of progressive accounting experience including GL, A/P, A/R, Payroll and cash management
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principals
• Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and multiple accounting programs
• Possess a valid drivers’ license
• Willingness to travel in small aircraft
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The position may be remote and occasional travel will be required to Juneau, Alaska and the neighboring areas. Details TBD.
Native Preference under P.L. 93-638.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as needs evolve.