JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
UPDATED: October 2023
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The primary duties of the position are to provide support across the executive suite and the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and acts overseeing the records of the Corporation.
- Provides primary support to CEO as directed, and administrative support to the CFO and EVP.
- Completes a wide variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior leadership staff.
- Serves as primary liaison with Board of Directors, managing logistics for Board, Committee, Annual and other meetings, the HTC Shareholders Settlement Trust, and corporate calendar. Coordinates travel arrangements as needed. Organizes all aspects of Board and executive retreats and/or other special events for the Board of Directors and executives.
- Manages the quality and consistency of meeting materials produced by the executive offices. Ensure timely delivery of meeting packets for the HTC Board of Directors, multiple Board Committees, and the HTC Shareholders Settlement Trust. Production of materials includes establishing deadlines, monitoring progress, communicating changes, editing materials, preparing for final review, and uploading to the Board portal.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members and executive staff.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Issues meeting notices and reminders to directors.
- Oversees the corporations record keeping, coordinating work processes, facilitating board communications, attending board meetings, taking minutes, and providing effective record keeping.
- Obtains signatures for approved minutes and resolutions, filing them appropriately in company records and with the company’s legal firm, ensuring confidentiality of the same.
- Assists with preparation of the company annual report, proxy statement, and election materials as needed.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior leadership team meetings on and off-site, and all-staff meetings.
- Acts as the Corporation expert on records, records definition, and retention requirements. Oversees the Corporate-wide filing system, including naming conventions, file storage protocols, and upkeep of the records retention schedule.
- Manages maintenance of off-site storage.
- Manages general office operations, including ordering supplies, tracking maintenance and repair of office equipment and vehicles, and overseeing building and property maintenance needs.
- Provides support to the Shareholder Services department with access to the Shareholder Management System, assisting shareholders and answering phone calls as needed.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and shareholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- High Emotional Intelligence.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Must embrace the mission of Huna Totem Corporation and its values.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field required.
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a public or non-profit organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
This job description is not comprehensive but provides examples of typical responsibilities for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing other duties of a similar nature and level as in this description, as well as others necessary to carry out the goals and objectives of Huna Totem Corporation and its subsidiaries.
Huna Totem Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with the exception to Native Preference under P.L. 93-638.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.